Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sparkling Moments


Today I gave my first adult talk ever! A whole 14 minute talk on Gratitude, and from the comments after sacrament meeting I feel like it went well.  I thought it would be a whole lot harder, but once I got started I actually almost enjoyed being up there and talking about Gratitude.  I am grateful for the opportunity I had to talk on gratitude (practice what you preach right ;) ) Then since nothing worth writing about happen to me this week besides the talk I now decide to share a memory.  Prom was yesterday for RHHS and as I was driving home from work I saw many passing cars filled with curls and tuxes.  It made me think about all my sparkling moments of prom.  I loved dressing up that much, even though the whole dancing scene was never my thing, I did enjoy the other parts of prom such as the dinner and seeing everybody looking their best.  I always wished though that I had had a prom like Drew and Jessies.  I am a simple person and did not like the big group thing every year I went.  I liked that they just went with each other with no times or schedules to go meet with other people for group shots or reservations with a huge group.  They went when they wanted, left when they wanted and enjoyed each other company's the best, because and I can say this now,  they ended up together because there wasn't really anyone else they wanted to share that sparkling moment with.  But here are my sparkling moments=)  They go in order.
                                                           Prom 2008-Kaleb Jenkins                                                                  
Prom 2009-Elijah Thompson

                                                         Prom 2010-Shaquille Walker                                          
Prom 2011-Shaquille Walker

                                                       Awwwwwwwww =)
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment