Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dates and Sisters

We are celebrating "Mom appreciation" week while she is out in Utah visiting new little Caroline for the first time and though we miss her and want her to come back ASAP her absence gave us the opportunity to spend quality daddy-daughter time.  Last night Dad took all three of us to this true southern seafood restaurant in Midway, Georgia, called Captain Joe's.  The dinner was nice and the company even better! Dad told us some stories of when he was in college and his weirdo roommate Greg who almost died because of a dream and other stories of all of his roommates.  I remember when I turned 16, which is when I could officially start dating, he took mom and me to a nice restaurant and afterwards told me to not go out with anyone who treated me less. It was really fun to go out on a daddy-daughter date even though there were all three of us (Mormon-style) =) just kidding, but I appreciate the new memory.





Being home for such an extended period of time has allowed me to hang out with my two little sisters more, I assume that this will be officially my last time living at home and so even though I am anxious to go out I think of that and I am grateful to be home with them.  I love them so much! They have such different personalities but we all get along together so much.  I look forward to when Katie finally graduates high school and we can all spend time in Utah all together again.  They really are my best friends and I am so grateful to have two such little sisters even if at times they drive me crazy, but what are siblings for.

No comments:

Post a Comment