Sunday, April 15, 2012

Again

I am sure that everyone who reads my blog is completely tired of reading about soccer but this information was too good to not write down and record.  So as you may know that I have been coaching the J.V. soccer team this year as I did last year too.  I enjoy coaching for most the part, but the season is nearing the end so on Friday we had our last home game against Ware Co.   Unfortunately they have a small program and only had 9 J.V. girls, so we played 9 vs. 9.  Their keeper had to be their assistant coach just because they had no other options (their assistant coach was like me, just a college kid filling her time)  But about halfway through the first half one of their girls got hurt and did not come back on.  At half time their coach walked over to where we had convened and told us that unfortunately his player would not be able to go back in.  Then Coach Kollman suggested that I play on their team.  I was ecstatic! I ran to my car (as a person who loves soccer I always have an extra pair of cleats in my car) and grabbed my cleats while Coach Kollman got me a white jersey and socks.  A player from the Varsity squad gave me their white shorts and the reff waited on me.  The Ware Co. coach put me on as a left outside mid and I was able to play the entire half on their team.  OF course my girls thought I was a complete traitor ;)  But it was sooo much fun! I wasn't allowed to score and there was one play where I got a break away and had to wait for the other forward to catch up to pass it to her.  I had so much fun and it was my first time playing since my surgery in December.  It was also the first time that I have ever played without my ACL brace on in three years, and my leg felt soo good.  I was definitely sore after the game, but I have not had that much fun in a while.  I haven't played on that field since my sophomore year of high school...and Lisa rolled her ankle so she wasn't able to play that night at 7 so it was funny because mom and dad came to watch Lisa and ended up being able to watch me instead =)



No comments:

Post a Comment