Sunday, September 21, 2014

Goodbye "Yota"

This past week we got friend of a dear friend.  One that Zach and I have shared countless memories in since 2011.  And one that he has had since he was 17 and drove across the country in...yes I am talking about his old toyota camry, yota.

Zach drove the countless times to BYU in this car so I am so grateful that he had it and that we had a way of getting to one another during our relationship that had distance. And I am glad we had it for our first semester of marriage together, but unfortunately about 3 months into our marriage the car started to have many issues. A huge oil leak and coolant leak and we were looking at quite the money to get it fixed, but thankfully Zach parents came into another car and we got that one.  Well we drove "Yota" one last time to our apartment complex now and then let it sit in the back spot and just kind of die. We had it sit there for about 6 months and in that months it died and a gopher built a nest in its engine. So this semester we decided it was time to sale it to scrap metal. We did not think we would get much out of just selling it with its issues, not starting and the fact that it had almost 400,000 miles on it, so to scrap it went.
So on Tuesday we cleaned it out once more and Zach was pretty sad, but I am glad for "Yota" and all the memories.


the mileage: 353,915 miles



What a trooper! Thanks "Yota"!
Also this week I finished making one of the Elsa dresses for Christies girls.  I just to add the cape, but this one is Maddie Mae's Elsa Dress.


My boss and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment