Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jitter Bugs and Tina Turner

Since I got a new haircut I am realizing that I cannot just wake up and get away with however it looks, when it was long it would be a little curlier than normal in the morning, but I had the convenience of always just throwing it into a pony tail. But with short hair, every morning is an adventure to how it will look. Well the other morning I woke up and went out to talk to my parents in the computer room, and my dad lovingly told me that I resemble Tina Turner. I did not know who she was so I Googled Tina Turner images and this is the first one that popped up, thanks dad I get the hint. ;)



 My dad and I also have the same habit, and I would not call it a bad habit, but if you ask my mom then she would if she was sitting between us in sacrament meeting.  But my dad and I both have the need to jitter our  legs-there is no rhyme or reason to it, we don't have to go to the bathroom, we aren't nervous, we aren't anxious.  We just jitter and no one else does in our family here does it.  But I think my dad has finally figured out the reason why we do.  He told me that it is because of our Irish heritage. We, being he and I, constantly have Irish music playing in our heads, while the others do not so we jitter along to the beat of it.  So I don't know which song that is constantly playing through yours dad, but this is mine.
Enjoy dad!!!!

1 comment:

  1. ah - sweet sister you are mistaken. i too jiggle my leg. papa pointed it out to me this summer and said dad did the same thing. i think it is because it is kinda painful to sit still and not be going somewhere or doing something. we're always read to get up and go.

    ReplyDelete