Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Trip Away

Let me put in a disclaimer before this post. I love my son dearly and so glad that he is mine. 
BUUUUTTT traveling without him is soo nice...

Zach and I were able to find plane tickets up to New York to see Peter and Jill for 80$ total for the both of us round trip. With deals like that good it made no sense not to go. So thankfully, to my dear inlaws who babysat and eased my mind (as this was my first time overnight without my baby) we were able to go and have a much needed and wonderful time. 

Departing

The first day  I woke up at 7 am, like I usually do, but then promptly went back to bed till about 11. Zach slept until 3 and then we ate cheetos and "Count Chocoula" and watched Fantastic Beasts. After we had our fill of being lazy that morning we went to Lake Eerie and skipped rocks and explored. Later, after Peter got home from work, we all went to another Lake Eerie park and enjoyed exploring again.

 











The second day, Jill was still out of town and Peter still had to go to work so we ventured to the Hill Cumorah, Sacred Grove and Joseph Smiths home. It was so lovely, I guess I can't quite explain it, but simply, I feel so blessed and grateful for these locations and more importantly what took place there.



Third day, Jill finally got home late the night before and Peter was nice enough to take off work so we all decided to go the Niagra Falls and later eat at the original Buffalo Wild Wing location.


 Jill was the unfortunate by stander of overheard seagulls.



 


Fourth day, we hung around the house in the morning and then packed our things and headed to Cleveland (departing location) before going to the airport though we stopped at the Kirkland temple and ate a delicious Irish pub house. (I'm not quite sure if those two things should go in the same sentence...) 

We had such a wonderful time. We are so grateful for the hospitality of Peter and Jill and Barbara and Roland for watching our baby!

 He was in good hands!

  So glad to be back home with my baby.



 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSzdrqcSAB8&feature=youtu.be
Beckham being cute with a bathroom cupboard


Earlier that month we celebrated our 4th year of marriage (Zach had to work on the actual day). Love him.

I started taking beginner adult tennis lessons...yes I am as bad as I look in the picture/video but I have so much fun

No comments:

Post a Comment