Thursday, June 1, 2017

Mother's Day, May and Moving

 Mother's Day:
We spent the day at church and then went for a walk. Pretty uneventful but I am sure glad to be his momma! or according to Beckham..."MA!!"



The plate was done in nursery...it was supposed to be his hand traced but he wanted to color on it instead.

Also earlier that week I went to a movie by myself for a "break from being a mother day!" It was lovely. I snuck in a full meal from Paneras, and sat in a cool, dark and empty theater with recliners.


May:
My baby went to nursery for the first time! It was bitter sweet. I didn't mind the wandering hall Sundays until he started walking quickly. Then he was everywhere and into everything all the time. So I guess nursery is more sweet than bitter. He loves the bubbles, as do I because it distracts him enough for me to sneak out without him seeing, which if he does results in never ending tears.
Look how cute he is at the snack table!



 He fell face forward out of our car. His first goose egg, bloody lip and swollen cheek.

And because I never get to take pictures of him sleeping (he always wakes up!)
 


Maybe one day we will take him to see Croatia play and go back and visit Zach's mission.


Moving:
We finally found a place to move early on in April and started slowly packing during April and May. We moved in May 15 and it was tough! Moving is hard. Our old place was a third floor apartment...which meant a lot of up and down three flights of stairs. Thankfully this new place is a town home so no entry stairs. It was also bad timing because all three of us got a nasty cold (which I am still not over) and Zach had a business trip the entire week we moved in. So that left me, a toddler and a ton of boxes needing to be unpacked by myself. Thankfully though, Papa and Grandmother lent us whatever tools we needed (including access to their truck) and Drew and Jess let us crash at their place for a couple of days and eat their food. I am grateful to you both! It was long and exhausting, but we are so much happier in our new place so well worth it.




Missing my dinner date sitting across from me (Zach)
Finally settled!
 We only have the odd and ends left in boxes and we can unpack those slowly. So come visit anytime! 😊

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCj_QIfy5u8
(him dancing)



No comments:

Post a Comment