Thursday, September 19, 2013

Engaged!

So sorry that is has been a while, but July and August went by really fast and I was far too busy.  But on July 29th Zachary and I finally got engaged! This, if you know me, was quite the accomplishment.  While our story could take up pages to tell, I will give you brief version.  We met May 2011, Zach had been home from his mission for only about 3 weeks when we met so he was definitely awkward, but I being the persistent person I was decided to talk to him.  We became best friends instantly and hung out almost every day during Spring term 2011. When we came back to BYUI for the fall we still were good friends, but I did not want to date him and he was mad at me so he did not want to date me anymore so we just stayed good friends. During the offtracks we would skype and then when I got into BYU he was very excited for me.  We still talked each day as I would walk to the BYU laundry (Work) each day and then he got a girlfriend so we stopped talking. And of course (otherwise there would be no story to tell) they broke up and we started talking again and then in October after much anxiety and debating we decided to go ahead and give our relationship a chance. (Sorry this is old and the sound cuts out)
I was always worried that if we did start dating that it would end one of two ways: The first being that we would indeed get married and the second that we would break up and I was not ready for either.

So we dated long distant, taking turns traveling from Rexburg to Provo or from Provo to Rexburg just so we could spend the short weekends together before returning back to our own schools four hours apart for work and school. (Miserable 10 months, long distance is the worst)

But then at the end of June Zach came down and after a long serious talk decided to give an impromptu proposal at rock canyon park.  I literally ran away from him yelling "no no no no no".  He returned to Rexburg that Sunday and on the following Wednesday we broke up.  I was so upset, but also knew I wasn't ready to get married so I thought I had made the right decision, but after many calls to parents and siblings and really no sympathy or comfort from them I decided that I had made the wrong decision.  Every one counseled me to seriously think about my choices.
So after about 3 weeks of not talking to Zach I went up to Rexburg to surprise him and see how he would take it....well needless to say it went great.  That Sunday I came home, I talked to my parents, my dad counseled me, then I called Zach and I unofficially proposed to him.  Then on July 29th after my bridal shower he OFFICIALLY and finally proposed to me. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment